WÄSSAT :: Carbon fiber handlebar
Discover the ultralight carbon fiber handlebar, Wässat, designed to enhance your mountain biking experience.
“Wässat, manufactured in a standard width of 760mm. Keep in mind that you can always cut to the desired size thanks to the cutting guides available on the handlebar.
Do you need a wider measurement? Don’t worry, once the order is placed, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number, and we will manufacture a customized version for you at no extra cost, allowing you to choose up to 800mm in width.“
- – GMN section technology
- – Material: Carbon Mitsubishi MR70
- – Available with different width options up to 800mm
- – Clamp Diameter: 31.8 mm
- – Upsweep: 5º
- – Backsweep: 7º
- – Weight: 99g (Lightweight); 130g (Performance)
TYPES OF LAYUP
Aware that users are more aware of their needs on their bikes nowadays, we have developed two versions of layup in the construction of our handlebars, using the best technology applied in both but with small differences so that you can get the most out of your handlebars.
PERFORMANCE LAYUP FEATURES
– It has a more racing character and is designed for more aggressive MTB use, which is why it is the version used in the XC World Cup.
– It provides greater bending stiffness than the LIGHTWEIGHT version, which is the stiffness that is transmitted to the arms during a descent, for example. More torsional stiffness is the stiffness you feel when alternating the force of your arms on the handlebars, for example during a sprint.
– More reactivity in riding, also by increasing the overall stiffness the reactivity increases, and the movements are sharper and more precise.
– Greater resistance to falls, so in a fall it is more resistant than the LIGHTWEIGHT layup.
LIGHTWEIGHT LAYUP FEATURES
– Our ultralight handlebar, the world’s lightest carbon MTB handlebar.
– Absolute comfort, providing vertical absorption, thus making it more comfortable for the arms thanks to the extra flex it offers.
–Reactivity, it is a very reactive handlebar, more than any ultralight round carbon MTB handlebar.
– It is a 100% optimised piece, that means it is designed for XC use for a rider up to 90 kg.
IS IT COMPATIBLE WITH STANDARD BAR-STEMS ?
Wässat is 100% compatible with all standard stems on the market with a diameter of 31.8mm at the clamping area.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE LIGHTWEIGHT LAYUP VERSION AND THE PERFORMANCE ONE?
The Ultra-Lightweight layup is meant to be for those who seek the lightest components for their bikes, with a maximum rider’s weight of 90kg.
The Performance layup is for those riders who want to have maximum stiffness and reactivity in a lightweight component. This one can be for riders weighing up to 120Kg.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GLOSS AND MATT FINISHES?
Both options only determine the finish treatment of the last coating layer of the handlebar. A gloss finish is totally smooth and generates very defined light reflections, while the matt finish is characterized by having more texture, which makes reflections on the surface much more diffused.
IS IT TRULY THE LIGHTEST XC HANDLEBAR IN THE WORLD?
Yes, in the Ultra-Lightweight layup we have managed to manufacture the lightest handlebar with a weight of 99g using the same manufacturing processes and materials as its brother, the Pröpus.